Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Where has the year gone?


My goodness, it is amazing to me how fast 2007 has gone. Here it is the day after Christmas and I have no idea where it all went. I hope everyone had a marvelous time. We sure did. We spent it with my oldest son and his beautiful family in South Carolina. The weather was beautiful and our little granddaughter made it such a pleasurable holiday.

I wanted to share what I have been working on. It is merely a sample, but I like how it came out. Basically I started with a polymer clay cabochon made with white Femo Classic and added some gold leaf. I couldn't waste the remainder of the clay so I made some earrings to match and had some heart shaped Altoid tins, so covered one with the remaining clay. when all done, I wire wrapped the cabochon and made earrings to match out of the four beads I made. To make it a set I put a heart shaped piece of cotton fill in the tin which the earrings fit into nicely. I rather like how it came out. My niece is getting married in a few months and her colors are white and titanium and she has asked for bridesmaids gifts so I am thinking about trying this again only with silver leaf and silver wire. I think this would make a nice gift for her girls. I will have to let her make the final decision though.

I have also been busy covering other Altoid standard tins and whatever else I can get my hands on, between learning how to sculpt. I want so much to make some lifelike figures like fairies and mermaids. It is frustrating, but I am one determined lady. LOLOL

I hope everyone has an awesome New Year celebration. Comments on this project would be wonderfully appreciated.

1 comment:

Krafty Kat said...

This is gorgeous, Kriss. I think it will be perfect for the wedding gifts. Your tins are great, too.
Myra