Friday, June 13, 2008

Tut Experiment




Ok, so this looks wierd I know, but I rather like it. The more I look at it, I kinda get this growing on you feeling. This was actually from a tutorial I purchased from a gal by the name of Eugenia. Of course hers looks much better, but I had to try it and from it I have got those crazy little cogs running around in my head. Mainly because the canes I made for this is numerous since I didn't exactly follow directions and have to use them somewhere, right?


Anyway, I actually think it is a bit unique for a pendant. Now to figure out how to finish the necklace part. Hmmm, since I have so much of the orchid cane, I think I will create some earrings to go along with it. That would set it off, wouldn't it? I have some other thoughts too when I try to reproduce this. At least my hubby liked it and didn't say it looked like a "turd fungus" which were his exact words when I attempted a bonsai tree (LMAO)


Sooner or later I will come of my own with everything I am learning from everyone else. There has to be an artist in there somewhere. I just love working with polymer clay and I don't think I will ever stop trying to find my own personal niche. Who knows, maybe I will be a Donna Kato someday, or a Maggie Maggio. Don't laugh; anythings possible (wink)




1 comment:

PolymerClayTutor said...

Turd fungus? That is the funniest husband comment yet!! Keep going with the polymer clay. Those gurus like Donna Kato and Maggie Maggio took time to get where they are, and there is absolutely no reason why you can't get there too!