Monday, July 23, 2007

Shave Cream Beads


Ok kids, so now we have a miriad of bead styles. LOL I wanted to see the different shapes and using different inks. Some were added to the original bowl of shave cream.

I don't know if you can see from this image but some of the beads have tiny indents in them. That was due to a second part of this technique that Ernie taught us. She said to try rolling our clay in salt prior to putting the cream mixture on. Then when the beads are baked you have to rinse them in water to get the crystals off. The result was a textured bead. Rather cool effect.

Some of these beads will be turned into pendants since I am so into the pendant thing all of a sudden. Others may be bracelet parts. Or who knows, I may keep these as a keepsake and bake a whole new original batch. Any way it goes, I enjoyed this demo a lot.

Upward and onward. LOL

No comments: