Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New Clay Pendant


Well, this one is interesting. I am very pleased with the outcome of this pendant. I saw a tutorial on making a faux labradorite (I think that is how it is spelled LOL) using some translucent clay mixed with black to make the grey color and then adding two pearlex colors on two separate pieces.

Then they are layered twice, imprinted and thinly sliced on some scrap clay. I then imprinted a stamp I purchased and viola! After baking and cooling I came out with this pretty colorful bead.

Of course I then had to wire it into a pendant and I think it came out rather nicely. I also made a round bead using the same technique and imprint and will probalby make that into a wired pendant as well. I have enough of the clay mixture to make a set of beads for a bracelet as well. I love trying new things. I need to practice with this technique as well, but I am glad I found it and gave it a try.

No comments: