Saturday, September 1, 2007

Lutore, Bringer-of-ashes


OK, now this is definitely a first attempt. I have been wanting to make dragons for a long time. I am so into the Renaissance period that anything to do with that period is where my head is at. I wish I was talented enough to make some faeries, but hopefully that will come.

I found this tutorial the other day to make dragons from scrap clay
and decided to give it a whirl. Of course my dragon is a far cry from the tutorial's wonderful examples, but by doing it I can see where I need to make adjustments. I call him Lutore, Bringer-of-ashes. I am pretty excited that I was able to get this far and by making him I can see the mistakes I made and will be able to fix them on my next attempts. I guess everyone has to start somewhere, right. The tutorial was great, but when you are not a person who sculpts, it is hard to make sure that all the proportions are correct. One thing I have never professed to be is an artist, that is why I value anyone who has that skill and who teaches people like me. I loved doing this and plan to not give up.

No comments: