Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wire-Wrapped Pendants






I can hardly believe we are already into October. OOPS! Wait! I am getting a day ahead of myself. Oh well. My goodness how time flies. Before we know it, Christmas will be upon us, and then a brand new year.

I had a lot of fun today. Here is Georgia this weekend there was a bead extavaganza and I just had to go check it out. I got some great buys on beads, but the best part is that there happened to be a class on wire wrapping so I had to go to it. The instructor was great and i was able to have some one-on-one with her. This is what I made in the class: I chose this beautiful black onyx capachon because I had made a pendant for my sister on her birthday and my Mom mentioned that she would love to have a pendant with a black stone. Just so happens, her 76th birthday is next month, soooooo...... The class was a real eye oepner and I learned a lot about wire wrapping.

When I got home I was so excited that I decided to make another, so that I could cement the instructions in my brain. I had a beautiful amythest color cats eye cap, so decided to use that. Here is the result: I want to get really good at this so will probably try to make s couple a week. I think I will put this one on my etsy site and see if it sells.

No comments: