Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Killed My Mermaid :-(

Well, I had a pretty sad night last night. I didn't pay close attention to my video instructor. (sniff, sniff) I had done my first firing of my little girl and was gingerly scraping her to get off the fingerprints and "celulite". That part went just great. But then I had to take some clay out of her head and make her hole bigger to prepare for her hair. Patricia said," be careful so you don't break her little neck as she is still soft." Well, I was carefully doing the scraping and had her cradled in my hand with two fingers propping her little head when all of a sudden I could feel her neck snap. I was devastated. Of course I tried to repair her to no avail and in the process her arm broke at the elbow and her butt split. *sigh* So I did a good job of ruining my very first project.

Being upset didn't last long as I chaulked it up to another learning experience and have convinced myself that my next attempt (which will be this weekend) will be even better as I have gained more knowledge.

I got tickled at my workout partner when I told her about my mishap. Her response was, "And now a moment of silence for the brutally murdered mermaid …………………………..” hehehehe Not only does this gal keep me motivated, but she has an awesome sense of humor to boot. Thanks Mila for making me feel better about my huge flub (smile).

All I know is that I am not giving up. In fact, it makes me even more determined to achieve this goal. Upward and onward (with a smile and a prayer)

No comments: