Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pinch Pots


Man, I love the weekends. That is when I can just forget about the work week and play to my hearts content. If I was retired that would be even better, but I am afraid I would be fused to my office chair finding more new stuff. Today I took on Ziggy's Pinch Pots. I tried these when I first got into claying, but it was a total disaster. So I tried to give it another shot.
I had some scrap clay that I used to make these three and I like them a lot. Some of the symetry is a bit off, but I will get better with time. I want to get more creative and try some different shapes, but for now I am settling with what I see. this was a lot of fun and I want to make more and maybe use canes on them or flowers and bows etc. Will have to see how it goes.

1 comment:

Ernie Hendrix said...

You're a real inspiration, gal. Love it that you have so much fun playing with your clay. And I especially like the two marbled pinch pots. See you at the guild meeting.
Ernie